Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Raw Almond Date Balls















1/2 c. raw almonds, finely chopped
1 c. raw dates, chopped
2 Tbs. water
1 Tbs. raw cocoa powder
1/4c. raw coconut

Place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet and set aside. In your blender combine almonds, dates, water, and cocoa powder. The mixture will be very thick, so use a scrapper to transfer to a bowl. (i used a butter knife because it was the closest thing.. probably not the best thing to use in your nice blender!) Roll mixture into small balls. Coat with coconut. Place balls on the cookie sheet and cover with tin foil. Freeze over night. Enjoy!

Makes a dozen

3 comments:

  1. These sound yummy!! I will have to try them! I LOVE healthy treats!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make these? They sound so good! I tried the almond joy bites the way Natalie suggested, with oats and rolled in coconut. They were GOOD. We had our friends over last night and they loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these little babies up. My inspiration came from the keylime pie CRUST recipe. I added cocoa, because I like everything with a hint of chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete