Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Excellent Homemade Deoderant!

1/4 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
4 T Coconut oil
10 drops of essential oils (grapefruit, orange, or anything that complements coconut)

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Heat coconut and essential oils in a small saucepan until melted. Slowly stir oils into dry ingredients mixing well. Pour mixture into a container and set aside to set up. You can also put in the fridge to harden. When ready to use scrap a dime-sized amount onto your fingernail and hold the deodorant under your arm to melt it a little bit and then rub it in. I have used this for about 2 weeks and think it works great! And I don't smell any worse than I usually do. Ha, Ha! Try it!

4 comments:

  1. I have been using this deodorant for about two weeks as well and I think I smell better than normal! Gotta love that citrus! I'm sold on it, I love it better than any deo I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I also the love Reduce Reuse and Recycling of the Altoids containers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was so that your pitty's would have great breath :) I'm going to try this one of these days....looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meggerz, I really want to try this deo! I will let ya know how it goes....or.... deos....

    ReplyDelete