Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wild Rice Salad

This recipe is from my personal cooking class with RawMelissa. (My favorite birthday present from my husband!)
The salad is at the bottom of the plate. The other dish is Curried Cauliflower with Apple Chutney. Maybe I'll share that recipe...maybe not! ;)
Raw Melissa making this salad at my house!
Rice
1 cup of dry wild rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 TBSP olive oil
Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes.

Salad
4 cups spinach
2-3 oranges (or other citrus)
one pomegranate
*since pomegranates are in season for like 5 minutes I used about 1/2-3/4 cup craisins

Dressing
3/4 cup apple juice
1/3-2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup walnut oil
1/2 tsp. salt
fresh black pepper
1 tsp prepared dijon mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 tsp raw honey
Blend in a blender or whisk together until combined. Store in a shaker bottle because you won't use it all for this salad. I used about half.

Toss everything together! Rice, salad, about half of the dressing. Very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment